5 Skin Care Tips for That Modern Mystic Glow
Written by Beth Ward
Make no mistake – tending to the health of your skin is a way of honoring your highest self. And with the right products and intention, beauty and skin care can be a healing, soothing ritual much in the same way crystal work, meditation, and other practices are.
The simple tips below can amplify your daily beauty ritual and help you get that Modern Mystic glow.
- Cleanse smart. Different types of facial cleansers do different things – and the one you need depends on your skin type. A thick cream cleanser is good for dry or more mature skin types. Gel-based and foam cleansers work well for combination to oily skin types, and are good for deeper cleansing and excess oil removal. An oil cleanser, like Modern Mystic Shop’s Golden – packed with 10 natural oils, CBD and antioxidants –works well for almost all skin types. Applied when the skin is dry, and then rinsed away, oil cleansers are great for dissolving dirt and makeup and hydrating and protecting the skin. They’re also gentle on sensitive skin, and DON’T result in an oily face.
- Hydrate – from the inside and the outside. Healthy skin is hydrated skin, which means making sure you’re drinking plenty of water each day. Bonus if the water is infused with crystals that can amplify your glow energetically (like rose quartz). Moisturizer, obviously, is also key. Modern Mystic Shop’s Glow is a cream-gel combo moisturizer that uses hyaluronic acid to smooth the skin, and aloe vera and chamomile to soothe and hydrate. It’s also made with vegan, non-toxic, cruelty-free ingredients (v. important) that can help you retain that dewy glow for up to 72 hours. Most effective way to use? Apply a smooth layer to the skin after cleanser and serum.
- Focus on absorption. For a product to work optimally, you want it to do more than just sit on the surface of your skin. Physical and chemical exfoliation, like Modern Mystic Shop's Purify, can help by removing dead skins cells, allowing products to better absorb into the skin. Products like crystal-based facial rollers can also help push product ingredients deeper into the skin -- they’re also great for fighting inflammation, improving circulation, and encouraging lymphatic drainage.
- Add vitamin C to your skin care routine. Vitamin C is kind of a skin care powerhouse, and definitely worth adding to a daily beauty ritual. It fights damaging free radicals, combats premature aging, helps even out skin tone, and gives a glowy boost to your complexion. How to add it? After cleansing and before moisturizer, tap a serum like Modern Mystic Shop’s Radiant -- a color-correcting serum that contains citrus stem cells full of vitamin C – into the skin with your fingertips.
- And speaking of vitamins, eat clean. Like most spiritual or ritual practices, beauty and skin health are holistic endeavors. This means you’ve got to feed the body, too, with nutrient-dense foods. Also, healthy, whole, energetic foods not only nourish the skin, but they also raise your vibration. Best best foods for a healthy, high-vibe glow? Leafy greens, avocados, salmon, grapefruit, blueberries, walnuts, tomatoes, eggs, and sea salt to name a few.
Bonus tip? Treat your body like your face. Ritual, purifying, or detox baths are a great way to get an all-over glow, as well as cleanse negative, unhelpful vibes from the energetic body. Modern Mystic Shop will soon be launching an all-natural, high vibe line of cleansing and purifying bar soaps, but in the meantime, check out our cleansing line of bath salts, bath scrubs and bath bombs, and other artisan soap and crystal soap brands (all soaps now on sale! – whoop, whoop!)